Enjoy dinner, drinks and music under the night sky at the Saint Louis Zoo’s most-anticipated fundraiser! Proceeds support the Saint Louis Zoo and its conservation efforts here and around the world.
When: 7 p.m. until midnight on Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
On Sept. 10, the Zoo is open to the public from 9 a.m. until noon, when it will close for preparations.
Where: Saint Louis Zoo
Event Information: The biennial creative black-tie party for ages 21+ includes:
- Live music by local bands and DJs on multiple stages, including the Fabulous Motown Revue, Miss Jubilee, Mo Egestion, The Usual Suspects, Wax Museum, DJ Chris Brown and DJ Micro
- Food stations throughout the Zoo offering unlimited sweet and savory dishes with catering provided by the Zoo’s executive chef and culinary team.
- The 2021 event format has changed and does not include local restaurant vendors this year.
- Premium open bars with beer, wine, and specialty cocktails
- Special fundraising activities to benefit the Zoo, including a wine and spirits pull, local restaurant gift card pull, and Kendra Scott Color Bar™ experience
- Take a ride on the Mary Ann Lee Conservation Carousel and the Emerson Zooline Railroad
Tickets: Advance tickets are required. Purchase tickets online at stlzoo.org/zoofari.
- General Admission tickets available at stlzoo.org/zoofari:
- $200 per person for Zoo Members
- $250 per person for non-members
- Sponsorship-level tickets available at stlzoo.org/zoofari:
- $1,000: 2 tickets, access to VIP reception, table accommodations and program listing
- $3,500: 10 tickets, early admission, reserved table and program listing
- See stlzoo.org/zoofari for additional sponsorship levels and benefits
Event Attire: ZOOFARI is a fusion of formal and fun! Get creative with tuxedo jackets with shorts, festive dresses with bold animal prints and bright colors, and comfortable footwear.
Safety: Several health-related protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and animals. (Subject to change. Please check the website for more detail.) Some include:
- An expanded event area; primarily outdoor event
- Tables spaced accordingly throughout the Zoo
- Masks/face coverings are required indoors for all guests, including those who are vaccinated
- Guests not fully vaccinated are required to wear masks/face coverings both indoors and outdoors
Co-chairs: Angie Schaefer and Joe Ambrose
Underwriters & Sponsors: ZOOFARI 2021 is generously supported by the following sponsors:
- Leader of the Pack: Wells Fargo
- Conservation Champion featuring the African painted dog: The Centene Charitable Foundation
- Plunging Polar Bear: Emerson
- Musical Entertainment: U.S. Bank
- Tip of the Iceberg: World Wide Technology
- VIP Reception: Anheuser-Busch
- Gentle Giraffe: Jackie and Randy Baker; Bayer; Mid America Chevy Dealers
- Playful Penguin: Alberici; Ameren; AT&T; Kevin Beckmann Charitable Trust; James Berges and Elizabeth Mannen Berges; The Boeing Company, Cequel III; David B. Lichtenstein Foundation; Edward Jones; First Bank; Graybar; Harbour Group; Lighting Associates, LLC; Roofers Mart; Sandberg Phoenix; Thompson Coburn LLP; Together Credit Union
Protecting the Painted Dog: The ZOOFARI 2021 logo artwork features the African painted dog. Conflict with humans, particularly with livestock farmers, is a primary reason for large predator population decline. The Zoo supports a partnering organization that uses innovative research methods to learn more about scent marking in African painted dogs. Using artificial scent marking as a deterrent to cross livestock boundaries may be key to enabling coexistence between humans and multiple predator species.